There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day:
- The Los Angeles Kings have moved Matthew Villalta back to the AHL, recalling Troy Grosenick and Sean Durzi to the taxi squad once again. Durzi looked poised to make his NHL debut over the weekend but instead had to watch again and wait patiently while the Kings move players in and out. The 22-year-old defenseman has 13 points in 24 games for the Ontario Reign this season.
- The Ottawa Senators have recalled Alex Formenton and Filip Gustavsson from the taxi squad as they prepare for action tonight in Winnipeg. The team is coming off an impressive win in Montreal on Saturday night and now actually sit just five points out of fifth in the North.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have moved Liam Foudy back to the taxi squad after their listless performance against the Panthers last night. There were high hopes for the 21-year-old Foudy this season, but he has just three points in 16 games and is still looking for his first NHL (regular season) goal.
- After a huge win over the Lightning yesterday, the Detroit Red Wings have moved Frans Nielsen, Michael Rasmussen, and Givani Smith to the taxi squad. The Red Wings always do this on off days to save some cap and cash with players that have cleared or are ineligible for waivers. Several, if not all three, will be back up tomorrow.
- The Dallas Stars have moved Landon Bow, Nicholas Caamano and Ty Dellandrea to the taxi squad, while sending Colton Point to the AHL. Point is no longer needed because Anton Khudobin has been activated from the COVID protocol.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-assigned Radim Zohorna and Drew O’Connor to the taxi squad, pushing Maxime Lagace to the AHL to make room. Zohorna, 24, was a great story last month when he scored his first NHL goal in his first NHL game, but has just one other appearance.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have recalled Samuel Morin and Shayne Gostisbehere from the taxi squad. When Gostisbehere cleared waivers recently, the Flyers explained that it was more about roster flexibility than punishing him for poor play. He’ll make his return to the lineup tonight against the Bruins.
- The Buffalo Sabres have added Arttu Ruotsalainen to the taxi squad, sending Jean-Sebastien Dea to the Rochester Americans. Ruotsalainen has 13 points in 13 games with the Amerks this season, his first in North America after several outstanding years in Finland.
This page will be updated throughout the day.