There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day.
- The Arizona Coyotes have assigned Barrett Hayton and Kyle Capobianco to the AHL, recalling Hudson Fasching and Michael Chaput to take their places on the active roster and taxi squad, respectively.
- The Los Angeles Kings have activated Sean Walker from injured reserve, meaning it is taxi squad time for Austin Strand. Walker hasn’t played since January but recorded 24 points in 70 games for the Kings last season.
- The Ottawa Senators have recalled Artem Anisimov from the taxi squad, sending Micheal Haley down in his place. Anisimov cleared waivers earlier this month and has been bouncing back and forth ever since, last playing on Feb 17. The veteran forward has no goals and just a single point in seven games this season. Later on, the Senators also moved Braydon Coburn to the taxi squad, sending Logan Shaw to the minor leagues in the process.
- The Montreal Canadiens have moved Paul Byron and Jake Evans to the taxi squad, part of their daily rotation to save money and cap space. The Canadiens are back in action tomorrow night where they will look for some revenge against the Senators.
- With Jacob Markstrom sidelined, the Calgary Flames were required to elevate Artyom Zagidulin from the taxi squad to the active roster. Zagidulin, still looking for his NHL debut, will dress as the backup. Joining him on the roster is defenseman Oliver Kylington who also draws into the lineup, marking the end of a lengthy stretch of scratches dating back to last season.
- The Nashville Predators have recalled Sean Malone from the taxi squad, moving Ben Harpur there instead. Nashville makes a move basically every day as they navigate the cap and use the taxi squad for daily savings.
- The Florida Panthers have added Riley Stillman to the taxi squad, recalling the young defenseman from the AHL. Stillman, 22, has just 36 games of NHL experience under his belt but is off to a roaring start with the Syracuse Crunch.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have loaned David Kase, Derrick Pouliot, Felix Sandstrom, and Matthew Strome back to the AHL, suggesting that some players are coming off the COVID Protocol list. Of course, this could also just be because the Flyers don’t play until Wednesday.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins have sent Kevin Czuczman to the AHL and Alex D’Orio to the ECHL, moving Yannick Weber to the taxi squad in the meantime. The team is getting healthier on the back end and suddenly find themselves pushing towards the top of the East once again.
- Casey Mittelstadt is back with the Buffalo Sabres. The team has announced that the under-performing top prospect has been promoted from the taxi squad to the active roster alongside veteran defenseman Brandon Davidson. Davidson will look to help a blue line that is reeling from the loss of Jake McCabe.
This page will be updated throughout the day.