We’re looking to add part-time contributors to the PHR writing team. The position pays on an hourly basis. Strong evening and weekend availability is critical, though there also may be opportunities for daytime work during the week.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Exceptional knowledge of all 31 NHL teams, with no discernible bias.
- Knowledge of the salary cap, CBA and transaction-related concepts.
- At least some college education.
- Extensive writing experience, with professional experience and a background in journalism both strongly preferred.
- Keen understanding of journalistic principles, ethics and procedures. Completion of basic college-level journalism classes is strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail — absolutely no spelling errors, especially for player and journalist names.
- Ability to follow the site’s style and tone.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news in a few paragraphs. We need someone who can balance creating quick copy with thoughtful analysis. You must be able to add value to breaking news with your own insight, numbers or links to other relevant articles.
- Ability to use Twitter, Tweetdeck, and an RSS feed reader such as Feedly. In general, you must be able to multi-task.
- Flexibility. You must be available to work on short notice.
If you’re interested, email email@example.com and take a couple of paragraphs to explain why you qualify and stand out. Be sure to attach your resume to the email. If you have applied to PHR before, please feel free to submit again. Many will apply, so unfortunately we cannot respond to every applicant.