Just three games grace the NHL schedule tonight, but there will still be plenty of intrigue when the upstart Buffalo Sabres take on the defending Stanley Cup champions. Buffalo is off to a great start after retooling their roster, but will be in tough against the Washington Capitals as they look to repeat on the back of Alex Ovechkin. While the rest of the league sits and waits for Saturday night, we’ll be right here keeping track of all the minor moves.
- Late last night the Colorado Avalanche recalled Anton Lindholm from the minor leagues, giving the team another option while Nikita Zadorov deals with injury. Lindholm played 48 games for the club last season but has yet to suit up for an NHL contest this time around. In 20 games for the Colorado Eagles of the AHL, Lindholm has five points.
- After Jordan Staal and Micheal Ferland were healthy enough to play last night for the Carolina Hurricanes, the team has assigned Clark Bishop back to the minor leagues. Carolina plays the Pittsburgh Penguins tomorrow night, but could keep their roster at just 12 forwards if everyone is healthy enough to play.
- Michael Bunting has been recalled by the Arizona Coyotes, giving them another forward option while the freeze is in place. Bunting was sent down just a few days ago, but he’ll try to work his way back into the NHL lineup and prove he should be kept around even after the holiday season is over.
- Michael Amadio, Austin Wagner and Sean Walker are back in Los Angeles, bounced between leagues again to help the Kings save some cap room. The three waiver-exempt players will continue to shuffle between leagues for the time being without actually making the trip, giving the team some more deadline space that may be needed down the line.
- Buddy Robinson’s NHL tenure didn’t last long, as the 6’6″ forward was sent back down to the Stockton Heat today. Robinson failed to get into a game with the Calgary Flames during his short call-up, but will remain an option for them moving forward.