Here is where we’ll keep track of today’s minor transactions:
- Long-time NHL veteran Steve Thomas has been hired by St. Louis as an Assistant Coach, the team announced. Thomas spent the last two seasons in a similar role with Tampa Bay.
- LW Matthias Plachta, who spent time in Arizona and Pittsburgh’s farm systems last season, has signed with Adler Mannheim of the DEL. The German League team announced the signing (link in German). Plachta was dealt to the Penguins at the trade deadline in exchange for LW Sergei Plotnikov.
- New York Rangers prospect LW Carl Klingberg has signed with EV Zug of the NLA, the Swiss team announced (link in German). Klingberg played in the KHL last season, picking up 17 points in 55 games. He last played in the NHL with Winnipeg in 2014-15 and has a total of 12 career games under his belt. The Rangers acquired Klingberg in March of 2015 in a trade for Lee Stempniak.
- The Stars re-signed G Maxime Lagace to a one year contract, the team announced. Lagace split last season between Dallas’ AHL and ECHL affiliates in Texas and Idaho, playing in a total of 47 games. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- Washington announced the re-signing of C Zach Sill to a two year, two-way contract. He played in 10 games with Washington and another 63 with their AHL affiliate in Hershey last season. Sill has two goals and three assists in 93 career NHL contests.