It’s a busy night in the NHL with ten games on tap, including a rematch of the St. Louis Blues-Calgary Flames. The two battled on Monday in what turned into a lopsided loss for the Blues as the red-hot Flames poured seven goals in on Jordan Binnington. Calgary has taken 110 shots on goal over the last two games, including a franchise-high 62 against the Columbus Blue Jackets last night. As they and others prepare for action, we’ll keep track of all the minor league and taxi squad shuffling:
- The Buffalo Sabres have reassigned Casey Fitzgerald to the taxi squad, as they prepare for their three-game road trip that starts on Saturday. Buffalo has been absolutely decimated by injuries this season and now sit at 13-22-7 on the year.
- Another young face is coming up to the Ottawa Senators, as Egor Sokolov has been recalled from the AHL. Clark Bishop and Lassi Thomson have been moved to the taxi squad, but it’s Sokolov that will generate a lot of the headlines today. The 21-year-old has played in four games for Ottawa this season but is still waiting on his first NHL point. For Belleville, he has 21 in 27 games.
- Matt Kiersted has been loaned back to the taxi squad by the Florida Panthers, as Gustav Forsling returned to practice after his stint on the COVID protocol. He’s officially a game-time decision for tonight.
- The New York Rangers have recalled Jonny Brodzinski and Zac Jones to the active roster, while backfilling the taxi squad with Tim Gettinger, Nils Lundkvist, Lauri Pajuniemi, and Tarmo Reunanen. With Jones up, Libor Hajek could potentially be coming out of the lineup after playing just 11 minutes against the Kings earlier this week.
- The Washington Capitals have recalled Joe Snively to the taxi squad, replacing Michael Sgarbossa who is headed to the AHL. The 26-year-old Snively made his NHL debut last month, recording an assist in just under seven minutes of ice time.
- Kyle Rau is back from the AHL and will join the Minnesota Wild taxi squad, not for the first time. Rau has played four games for Minnesota this season, to go along with the outstanding 26 contests he’s finished in the AHL. The 29-year-old forward has 25 points in the minor leagues, continuing what has been a strong AHL career to this point.
- The Chicago Blackhawks have recalled Collin Delia, sending Cale Morris and Arvid Soderblom to the AHL in his place. Delia, 27, has a .910 save percentage in 14 AHL appearances this season and plenty of previous experience at the NHL level.
- With Nathan MacKinnon injured last night, the Colorado Avalanche have recalled Dylan Sikura from the Colorado Eagles. Sikura has been outstanding for the Eagles this season, scoring 14 goals and 31 points in 29 games.
- Johnathan Kovacevic is set to make his NHL debut after the Winnipeg Jets recalled him from the taxi squad today. The team assigned Leon Gawanke to the taxi squad from the AHL to take his place. Kovacevic, 24, was a third-round pick of the Jets in 2017 and has 14 points in 32 games for the Manitoba Moose this season.
- On a day where more arena rumors took hold of the news cycle, the Arizona Coyotes recalled defenseman Cam Dineen to the taxi squad from the AHL’s Tucson Roadrunners. Arizona has shuffled Dineen up and down this season, as he’s notched four points in five games in the AHL and four points in 14 games in a third-pairing role in the NHL.
- Matt Luff and Matt Tennyson continue their shuffle up and down between the active roster and taxi squad. The Nashville Predators recalled them today, and they’ll likely find themselves in the lineup against Edmonton tonight.
This page will be updated throughout the day