There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day:
- The San Jose Sharks have recalled Greg Pateryn to the taxi squad, returning Nicolas Meloche to the minor leagues in the process. Meloche, 23, has played in six games for the Sharks this season but is now rejoining the San Jose Barracuda for the time being.
- The Los Angeles Kings have returned Austin Strand to the AHL, given he hasn’t played an NHL game in more than a week now. The 24-year-old defenseman has 13 NHL games under his belt, all this season, but has managed just a single point.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have recalled Josh Dunne from the taxi squad and are expected to put him in the lineup tonight against the Stars. Dunne, 22, signed his entry-level contract a few weeks ago following his junior season at Clarkson University and has recorded three points in seven AHL contests since.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have recalled Wade Allison from the taxi squad, bringing up Andy Andreoff from the AHL to fill his spot. Allison is expected to make his NHL debut tonight after just eight games with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. The former Western Michigan University star is in his first year of professional hockey and made quite an impression in the minor leagues, scoring nine points in his eight-game AHL stint.
- The New York Rangers have recalled Gabriel Fontaine to the taxi squad, sending Jonny Brodzinski back down to the Hartford Wolf Pack. Fontaine, a sixth-round pick from 2016, has yet to make his NHL debut.
- The New Jersey Devils have recalled Ben Street to the taxi squad, not for the first time this season. The veteran forward has been up and down throughout the year, but hasn’t actually gotten into the NHL roster.
- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled Michael Houser from the taxi squad, but they won’t be recalling an extra goaltender to take his place. The league has given permission for the Sabres to use an emergency backup goaltender as their taxi squad option due to their current injuries.
This page will be updated throughout the day