There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs added Nic Petan to their practice group today, and head coach Sheldon Keefe told reporters that he would be in the mix for the fourth line rotation moving forward. Petan, 25, has played in just 21 NHL games since arriving in Toronto during the 2018-19 season but was a dominant offensive piece in the minor leagues last year.
- The Edmonton Oilers have sent Stuart Skinner back to the taxi squad, while recalling Evan Bouchard who is expected to make his season debut. The Oilers look like they will go with seven defensemen tonight, making James Neal a healthy scratch despite his recent two-goal game. Alex Chiasson, who cleared waivers, has not been moved to the taxi squad and is expected to play.
- The Los Angeles Kings have recalled Lias Andersson, Arthur Kaliyev, Mark Alt, and Austin Strand from the taxi squad while completing several other transactions. Sean Walker was placed on injured reserve retroactive to January 16, Alex Turcotte was activated and assigned to the AHL and Martin Frk was activated off injured reserve. Boko Imama and Sean Durzi were recalled from the AHL to the taxi squad.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have activated Patrik Laine and expect him to debut tonight for the team. To make room, Kevin Stenlund has been moved to injured reserve retroactive to his last appearance. The team has also swapped Matiss Kivlenieks and Cam Johnson again between the AHL and taxi squad, a move that seems like it’s going to be repeated throughout the season.
- Just like every other day, the Nashville Predators have made a swap, sending Mathieu Olivier and Eeli Tolvanen back to the taxi squad. Tolvanen played in his first game since 2018 last night and scored, though it came in a losing effort. The 21-year-old now has two goals and three points in eight career games at the NHL level.
- Tanner Kero and Joel L’Esperance have been recalled by the Dallas Stars, while Ty Dellandrea heads back to the taxi squad in their place. The Stars take on the Blue Jackets tonight in just their seventh game of the season after missing the first chunk due to COVID postponements.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins had some new faces on the ice today as Mike Matheson and Zach Aston-Reese returned, which could explain why Will Reilly was sent to the AHL and both Drew O’Connor and Kevin Czuczman were assigned to the taxi squad. The Penguins don’t play again until Saturday thanks to the Devils COVID outbreak, meaning they have a few days to get a little healthier before resuming their season.
This page will be updated throughout the day.