Here is a look at the original content and analysis from the Pro Hockey Rumors staff over the past week:
- Nate Brown spoke with USA Today writer Kevin Allen, who picked his offseason winners, weighed in on the Jimmy Vesey and Jiri Hudler signings, and made his early Stanley Cup prediction.
- I had the chance to chat with Columbus Dispatch writer Aaron Portzline about some of the key questions and storylines surrounding the Columbus Blue Jackets for this season.
- Zach Leach took a closer look at the retained salary situation for both the Atlantic and Central divisions. Only one Atlantic team and two Central squads aren’t paying at least one player not to play for them in 2016-17.
- Gavin Lee reviewed a busy week for the Las Vegas expansion franchise, which made a trio of important front office hires, including Pro Scouting and Amateur Scouting directors.
- Glen Miller examined some potential impact rookies for next year, focusing on players from the Metropolitan and Atlantic divisions.
- Brett Barrett broke down the remaining restricted free agents from the Pacific, Atlantic, and Central divisions. All in all, there are 14 RFA’s remaining as we head towards September.
- Mike Furlano discussed the rules of offer sheets should any team want to try to poach one of those remaining restricted free agents. He also looked at the annual goalie shuffle which sees 18 goalies in different places compared to where they finished last season.