Here is where we’ll keep track of today’s minor transactions:
- Former NHL’er Sergei Kostitsyn, who was seeking an NHL deal this summer, has signed a contract with Dinamo Minsk of the KHL, the Russian team announced (link in Russian). This marks the fourth different KHL squad in as many years for the 29 year old Belarusian. Kostitsyn spent time with both Nashville and Montreal from 2007-08 to 2012-13, picking up 67 goals and 109 assists in 353 games.
- New Jersey UFA defenseman Marc-Andre Gragnani is also joining Dynamo Minsk on a one year deal, the team announced (link in Russian). Gragnani spent most of last year with the Devils’ AHL affiliate in Albany, collecting a goal and 30 assists in 57 games. He also skated in four games with New Jersey, being held pointless while averaging 14:22 per game. Gragnani has played in 78 career NHL contests with the Sabres, Canucks, Hurricanes, and Devils, scoring three goals and 15 assists.
- Former NHL blueliner Andrej Meszaros has signed a one year deal with Bratislava of the KHL, the Slovak team announced (link in Slovak). Meszaros played last season with Sibir Novosibirsk of the KHL but before that, he spent parts of ten seasons in the NHL. He has 238 points (63 goals and 175 assists) in 645 career NHL contests with Ottawa, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, Boston, and Buffalo.
- Linus Omark, who last played in the NHL with Buffalo in 2014, has inked a two year extension with Salavat Yulaev of the KHL, the Russian team announced (link in Russian). Omark has long been thought of as one of the more talented players outside the NHL but has failed to produce in a couple of different NHL stints. He finished fifth in KHL scoring last season with 57 points in 60 games.
- Group 6 Free Agent Danny Kristo agreed to terms with the St. Louis Blues, inking a one year, two-way contrack worth $575K (NHL) / $175K (AHL). The American forward scored 25G and 23A in 75 games for the AHL Chicago Wolves.
- Stu Bickel agreed to a Professional Tryout with the Anaheim Ducks, according to Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle. Bickel spent last season with Anaheim’s AHL Affiliate San Diego Gulls, scoring 1G and 6A in 59 games.
- Arizona Coyotes’ first round draft pick Jakob Chychrun’s contract details were released today. The defenseman will receive the league maximum $925K a year for the length of his ELC, and up to $425K in Schedule A bonuses. The Coyotes moved up in the draft to select Chychrun with the 16th overall selection by taking on Pavel Datysuk’s contract from Detroit in exchange for the higher draft pick.