Here is where we’ll keep track of today’s minor transactions:
- The Lightning announced the re-signing of center Yanni Gourde to a one year, two-way contract. Cap Friendly tweets that the deal is worth the league minimum $575K in the NHL, $100K in the AHL, and has a total guarantee of $125K. Gourde made his NHL debut with Tampa Bay last season, picking up an assist in two games. He also added 14 goals and 30 assists in 65 games with their AHL affiliate in Syracuse.
- Florida has signed 2015 4th pick Denis Malgin to a three year, entry-level deal according to a team announcement. The 103rd pick in that draft class, Malgin recorded 17 points in 38 games with Zurich of the Swiss NLA. He was the second youngest player on his team last season, behind the first overall pick last month in Auston Matthews.
- Panthers UFA John McFarland has signed a one year deal with SaiPa of the SM-liiga, the Finnish team announced (link in Finnish). McFarland made his NHL debut with Florida last season, being held pointless in three games. He also added 14 goals and 10 assists in 56 AHL contests. He was not given a qualifying offer by the Panthers last month.
- Vancouver has loaned prospect defenseman Anton Cederholm to Rogle of the SHL for next season, according to a report from Hockey Sverige in Sweden (link in Swedish). Cederholm began his playing career in Rogle’s organization at the junior levels before going to play major junior hockey in Canada after the Canucks drafted him in the fifth round in 2013. Cederholm spent all of last season with Vancouver’s ECHL affiliate in Kalamazoo, picking up three goals and 14 assists in 69 games.
- Boston UFA forward Brandon DeFazio has signed a one year deal with Texas of the AHL according to the AHL’s website. DeFazio played 71 games with the Bruins’ AHL affiliate in Providence last season, recording 22 goals and 21 assists. The 27 year old has two games of NHL experience under his belt with Vancouver back in 2014-15.