Here is where we will keep track of any minor transactions through today:
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have announced the re-signing of Lake Erie Monsters head coach Jared Bednar. The deal is through the 2018-19 season. Bednar led the Monsters to their first ever Calder Cup Championship as the team went 15-2 through the playoffs. In addition to Bednar’s re-signing, the Monsters added assistant coach Steve McCarthy, and assistant general manager Blake Geoffrion. Goalie coach Manny Legace was also brought back for another year.
- Goaltender Kent Simpson has signed with the San Antonio Rampage, AHL affiliate for the Colorado Avalanche. In addition to Simpson, the Rampage also inked netminder Nathan Lieuwen to a one-year deal.
- Forward Nico Hischier has committed to the Halifax Mooseheads. Hischier was the sixth overall pick in the CHL import draft and is considered one of the top prospects for the 2017 NHL Draft. He played for SC Bern last season in the NLA and also for the Bern U20 team.
- The Wild placed Jordan Schroeder on waivers. Schroeder is a restricted free agent awaiting an arbitration ruling. Schroeder had four points (2-2) in 26 games with the Wild while having 34 points (14-20) in 40 games with the Iowa Wild.
- Former NHL goaltender Jason LaBarbera has been hired by the Calgary Hitmen as a goalie coach for the upcoming season. LaBarbera played last season for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms of the AHL, notching a 3.02 GAA with an .899 save percentage. The veteran of 187 NHL games is 36-years old.